You can’t beat a simple and quick stir fry! Serve this dish with a bowl of rice and enjoy the classic Chinese flavors. Here’s a new stir fry technique for you: instead of adding the ginger and garlic first to the pan, you’ll be adding them AFTER the chicken is almost cooked through. This ensures that the aromatics do not burn!
- 1 chicken breast (6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- pinch sugar
- 1 package Hokto Brown Beech Mushrooms, ends trimmed and mushrooms separated
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- thinly sliced green onions and chili pepper, if desired
1. Slice the chicken in very thin strips. In a bowl, marinate chicken with the soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper, cornstarch and sugar for 15 minutes on counter or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Heat a wok or saute pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in the cooking oil. Add the chicken slices and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is just about cooked through (timing depends on how thick you slice chicken). Turn the heat to medium and then add the garlic and the ginger to the pan. Stir fry until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
3. Add in the mushrooms and the oyster sauce bringing the sauce to a simmer and cooking for 30 seconds. Dish out and garnish with fresh green onions and chili pepper.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?