(PALEO, VEGAN & REFINED SUGAR FREE). Sauce is thin, not thick
Offered by Jacqueline R in Urbandale.
Says it is Great and the kids say it is not only great with apples but could see as great with pancakes, ice cream and oatmeal too!
- 14 ounces canned coconut milk
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch of sea salt
- In a small heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, palm sugar, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Allow the Caramel Sauce to cool for 20 minutes. A thin film will naturally form over the top of the sauce; this is perfectly normal. Simply give the sauce a good whisk before pouring it into a glass airtight container (I use a canning jar). The sauce will continue to thicken (although not much) while it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold. Use within 5-7 days.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?