> Main Dish
> Easy vegan breakfast tacos
Not a tofu fan? Sub roasted sweet potatoes or leave it out. No cilantro? Sub kale. Mash your black beans for more a “refried” feel. The breakfast possibilities are endless.
Serving size: 1 of 4 tacos Calories: 259 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 7.7gSodium: 451mg Fiber: 8.7g Protein: 10.5g
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (or sub guacamole)
- 1/2 cup salsa for serving (hot sauce also optional)
- 1 lime sliced, for serving
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Corn tortillas (2 per person)
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- 1 Tbsp water
- Wrap tofu in a clean, absorbent towel and place something heavy on top, such as a cast iron skillet, while prepping toppings.
- Cook black beans in a small saucepan over medium heat until bubbly, then reduce heat to simmer and set aside. If unsalted/unseasoned, add a pinch of salt, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Add dry tofu spices + salsa to a small bowl and add enough water to make a pourable sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and unwrap tofu. Use a fork to crumble.
- Once the pan is hot, add 1-2 Tbsp oil of choice and the tofu. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes to brown. Then add seasoning and toss to coat. Continue cooking until browned and fragrant - about 5-10 minutes - stirring frequently. Set aside.
- To serve, warm tortillas in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel or in a 250 degree oven (optional). Top tortillas with tofu scramble, black beans, onion, avocado, cilantro, salsa, fresh lime juice and pomegranate arils (or desired toppings).
- Serve immediately
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?