Serving size: 1 salad Calories: 528 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 59g Sugar: 26gSodium: 1100mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 22g
- 4-5 cups packed curly curly or lacinato kale
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3 small radishes, thinly sliced (or sub 1/4 cup sliced red onion)
- 1/4 cup cubed firm tofu (organic, non-GMO if possible)
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp agave, maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (you’ll have leftover)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 3-4 Tbsp peanut sauce for topping
- For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup salted natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (certified GF if gluten free)
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar (or sub agave, maple syrup or honey if not vegan)
- Juice of half a lime (~1.5 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Hot water
- Optional: Sriracha for a little heat
- Drain tofu by wrapping in a towel and pressing gently. Let rest for 5 minutes. Then unwrap, cube and toss in 1 Tbsp sesame seeds. If you don’t like raw tofu, check out this “Make Taste Taste Good” recipe! Just omit the sesame seeds so they don’t burn in the oven.
- Prepare peanut sauce by whisking all ingredients together except the water. Then add in 1 Tbsp very hot water a little at a time until pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle over 1 tsp lime juice and 1/2 Tbsp each toasted sesame oil and agave. Massage with hands for 1 minute to incorporate ingredients and soften the leaves.
- Add kale to serving plate or bowl and top with sliced radishes, carrot and sesame-tofu. Drizzle with peanut sauce and serve immediately. Leftovers store well, even lightly dressed. Will keep refrigerated for up to a couple days, though best when fresh.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?