Love organic produce? Passionate about supporting local, sustainable agriculture? Think you have what it takes to work for a totally awesome company? If you do, please introduce yourself!
A Few highlights...
||Free box of produce.. every week!
||Internal promotions. We believe in the chance to rise from within.
||Friendly, supportive, and flexible work environment.
||Produce goes in the box, thinking encouraged outside!
UPDATED JULY 29, 2020:
IMMEDIATE openings in the following areas.
- Delivery: a big part of what we do is getting our product to people's homes. If you have a clean driving record and are good at finding places on a map app, this might be a good role for you. Typically we deliver Mon-Thurs afternoons, and a shift takes 4 to 6 hours between loading our van, making deliveries, and wrapping up your route after you return to our facility. This means approximately 20 hours per week. Starting rate $12/hour + lots of produce. Need to be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Bin cleaning: we deliver in reusable plastic bins (totes). Each week we use hundreds of these - and they need to be prepped for use again the following week. The hours are flexible within the constraints of when bins are coming back and when they are needed - it could be 3-4 evenings / week, 3-4 mornings per week, or a couple of those and a longer weekend shift. Lots of flexibility here! Could be great for a high school student or a retiree looking to get out of the house for a while. Starting rate $10/hour + lots of produce.
To get more information, please send an email to [email protected] (no calls, please) with the subject "prudent jobs". In your email, include the following:
- - Which position you are interested in
- - Why you would like to work with us
- - Good times for us to talk by phone
- - Your contact info
Hint: a big part of working well with us is your ability to follow instructions, so please follow our instructions if you would like to be considered!
We are always looking for great help in these areas, but not currently in need (so drop us a note if you think you'd be a great fit with our team and maybe we can get creative!):
- Marketing: we want our business to grow because we believe more people need Good Food Delivered! If you have a knack for helping connect prospective customers with products and services they need - whether it's face to face by staffing a table at an event, or working behind the scenes through print and social media - we would like to talk with you.
- Packing: fruits, veggies, and other Good Food comes to us in a variety of pack sizes. We have to pack it into individual bins that go to people's homes. If you're gifted in logistics and details, this could be a good fit for you.
- Growing good food: In partnership with New Family Farm, we grow some of the produce that we deliver. If you're interested in growing fruits and veggies and helping us to improve our cropping system, contact us and we will get you connected.