Prudent Produce Recipes
We love to cook and share a good, healthy, meal with friends and family. We've been collecting recipes, both of our own and
from you, and we're putting them all in one place! We add a new recipe every week that uses ingredients from the current menu, to help you
in your food journey. Enjoy!
Recipe of the week:
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 2½ lb. sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered, direct grilling on medium.
- In 5- to 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven, place collapsible steamer basket and 1 inch water. Cover saucepot; heat water to boiling on high on range top. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices.
- Place potato slices in steamer basket; reduce heat to low. Cover saucepot and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are just fork-tender; do not overcook. (Potatoes can be steamed a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to grill.)
- Transfer potato slices to jelly-roll pan; brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season both sides. Place potato slices on hot grill grate. Cover grill and cook potatoes 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, turning slices over once with large metal spatula. Transfer potatoes to serving bowl; garnish with parsley.