A little bit of cheese can add a lot of flavor to a healthy recipe. Marcia Kiesel tops this linguine with a scattering of crumbled feta, which melts on the warm pasta to give the dish a creamy tang.
Recipe also makes a great side dish.
1. 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2. 2 medium red onions, very thinly sliced
3. 4 garlic cloves, minced
4. 2 pounds red cabbage, thinly sliced (8 cups)
5. 1 pound linguine
6. Salt and freshly ground pepper
7. 1 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled (4 ounces)
1. In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sliced onions, cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are very soft, about 10 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the sliced red cabbage, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until it is al dente. Drain the pasta well, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot.
3. Scrape the cabbage over the pasta. Add the reserved pasta cooking water and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowls, top with the feta and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?