This is my family’s absolute favorite soup, and I can have it on the table in 30 minutes. I usually double the recipe, as the flavors blend and make the soup even better the next day.—Dawn Rohn, Riverton, Wyoming
- 1 pound Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium Yukon Gold or red potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and torn
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven over medium-low heat, cook the sausage, potatoes and onions in oil for 5 minutes or until sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add kale; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?