Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Two classic Thanksgiving recipes combined!
1 (1 lb.) loaf of white, wheat or rye bread, cut into cubes or torn into bite-sized pieces, about 10–12 cups
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided
1 cup dried cranberries
⅔ cup butter
2 yellow onions, chopped, about 2 cups
1 ½ cups sliced celery
½ cup chopped parsley
2 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp. minced fresh sage
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 ½ cups pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread cut bread on baking sheet and bake for 20–30 minutes until lightly toasted and dry. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and 1 cup of broth.
4. Add cranberries, cover, and set aside so cranberries can plump up.
5. Melt butter in a large skillet.
6. Add onions and celery and cook until soft and onions are golden, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
8. Add the rest of the broth and gently toss.
9. Add cranberry mixture, bread, and pecan halves and gently toss.
10. Spread mixture in a buttered 13×9-inch pan and bake covered for 30 minutes.
11. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?