> Side Dishes
> Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Steam and slice sweet potatoes and then give them a turn on the grill to create this deliciously unexpected side dish.
- 2½ lb. sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered, direct grilling on medium.
- In 5- to 6-quart saucepot or Dutch oven, place collapsible steamer basket and 1 inch water. Cover saucepot; heat water to boiling on high on range top. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices.
- Place potato slices in steamer basket; reduce heat to low. Cover saucepot and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are just fork-tender; do not overcook. (Potatoes can be steamed a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to grill.)
- Transfer potato slices to jelly-roll pan; brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to season both sides. Place potato slices on hot grill grate. Cover grill and cook potatoes 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, turning slices over once with large metal spatula. Transfer potatoes to serving bowl; garnish with parsley.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?